During a 1-2-1 meeting with your referral partners, I’m pretty sure everybody knows and asks these types of questions:
- What is your preferred type of customer/prospect?
- What is your experience? Personal history?
- What do you actually do in your business/job?
Those are great, core questions to ask, consider adding these questions if you want to build a deeper relationship:
- What has been your most difficult client & why?
- What was your most difficult job/project? How did you solve it?
- If I meet a possible prospect is there a question you would like me to ask to gauge their degree of need or want?
- What minimum degree of need/want are you looking for?
- How cool a referral are you willing to “work”?
- What is your sales goal for this year?
All of the questions help you learn more about your sales partners and the latter set of questions help you to dig deeper into their subconscious and also give you the tools you need to be a better sales partner for him/her.